Sunday, August 15, 2010

Preparing for Success

Hello all,

I am SUPER excited to get started with my "Are You Credit Wise" internship this semester on campus. I have a lot of ideas for places I can present as well as people to talk to about getting a lot of students to hear what I have to say. My goal of reaching 1,000 student remains at the top of my mind and once I get my workbooks mailed over I can begin presenting. I have been going to our amazing five story library during my free time where I can practice my speech and get more comfortable with the script. As we all know from expericne . . . "practice makes perfect!"

I am eager for school to start and I know things will get very hectic but I am confident in myself that I can make this work and pull off some great presentations and get a lot of feedback from my peers. Since I already work at the school newspaper and am very involved on campus, I already know some of the people I listed as my contacts so it won''t be as hard to convince them to assist me in my campaign. I'll keep you updated on my progress in these next couple of weeks until school starts.

Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Kayla,

    Thanks for the interesting first blog post. What a great goal of reaching 1,000 students-- very focused!

    Glad to hear you are practicing and preparing your speech. Your hard work and active presence on campus will definitely pay off. Keep using your connections and keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete