Monday, October 11, 2010

October, What a Busy Month!

IA lot has happened since my last entry and I am going to start updating my blog much more often this month so I can keep everyone as updated as possible on my presenations. Now that I am finally getting into the swing of things, I am much more confident and comforatable when giving my presentations and talking with the students and administrators about my campagin. I have some great videos but I am unable to post them on my blog for some reason but I will keep trying.

I gave three presentations all at the end of September, with my biggest one in front of a group of Student Wellness Ambassadors that I am partering up with on campus. They absolutely loved my presentation and were genuinely suprised at the detailed amount of information that I provided them. They told me I was a perfect asset to their program and accomplishing their mission of improving the overall quality of life for the student body. I also gave a presentation at a UK 101 class to all freshmen who seemed to learn alot and were suprised about the average number of debt college student graduate with. They were pretty scared about the statistics but now they are nuch more prepared to deal with their financial struggles thanks to my presentation!

My last presentation of the month was to a group of Resident Advisors in the dorms who were interested in implementing my campaign into the "required presentations" for their residents. I seemed to have a strong impression on them as I gave them my business cards after I was finished and they told me they would find a spot for me to present within the next couple of months. I asm gonig to have to keep following up with them as I know they recieve numerous program requests each week! All and all, October is going to be hectic but I like being busy and my next goal is to get with the Sorority and Fraternities as I e-mailed the Dean of Sorority/Fraternity affairs on Friday. I have yet to hear back from her but I will physically show up at her office if I don't get a response soon.

(I'll be updating my blogs much more often this month and continue trying to upload videos from different computers so stay tuned!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla -

    I look forward to more updates, especially considering this update was so impressive. It sounds like you're achieving some great organic growth - other presentation opportunities are growing from your presentation. Let's hope your outreach to the Dean of Sorority/Fraternity Affairs yields similar results. Great work!

    And as far as the videos go, some others were having trouble uploading, too. All have been able to upload by trying another computer, so let's hope that works. If not, let me know.

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete